SM7UZY

Restoration of the Heathkit HW-101



June 2019


This project has laying around nearly two years, today I started it. I change all the electrolyte capacitor in the radio and in the power supply. Didn't take long time at all!
I list all capacitor you need down in the document.


Here are some of the capacitor that you need to remove.
This one was new... well.. had to make myself one.
All caps in the radio change. That was not many minutes!
This is how it look like.


Now to the power supply. This one was a little harder.
I wanted to put the new capacitor inside the paper roll in the old one, but I could’t remove the old one. So I decide to have the old one one the power supply, just for the original look.
Well.. not much space inside!
Yes... I am sill waiting on three capacitors to the power supply (the three on the right).
So I can¨t test anything jet.. :(

To be continued.

Capacitor
Quantity
Position
150uF 450V
4
Power supply
39uF 450V
1
Power supply
39uF 150V
2
Power supply
22uF 450V
2
Radio
10uF 160V
1
Radio
10uF 25V
2
Radio
1uF 200-630V
1
Radio
0.22uF 200-250V
7
Radio
0.047uF 200-630V
1
Radio